Panzer Dragoon Interviews
Links to interviews and discussions with Yukio Futatsugi, Saori Kobayashi, Benjamin Anseaume and other people who contributed in the creation of the Panzer Dragoon games.
- Panzer Dragoon World - Interview of Saori Kobayashi - Panzer Dragoon Saga 20th Anniversary re-arranged album (March 2018)
- An interview with Saori Kobayashi. Topics include her favourite tracks and games, Tomonori Sawada (Panzer Dragoon Zwei composer)’s involvement with “Resurrection: Panzer Dragoon Saga 20th Anniversary Arrangement”, and how the original Panzer Dragoon Saga soundtrack was created.
- Polygon - Panzer Dragoon Saga: An Oral History (April 2018)
- James Mielke from Polygon interviews Manabu Kusunoki, Hitoshi Nakanishi, Takashi Iwade, Kentaro Yoshida, Akihiko Mukaiyama, Satoshi Sakai, Jina Ishiwatari Tsukahara, Shin Futakawame, Katsumi Yokota, Norihiro Nishiyama, and Saori Kobayashi for the 20th anniversary of Panzer Dragoon Saga.
- Panzer Dragoon Legacy - Questions and Answers with the People Behind Galerider (October 2018)
- The Galerider team answers some questions about their Panzer Dragoon-esque title for iPhone and iPad. The answers were provided by Daniel Choo at Orion Arts.
- USgamer - Panzer Dragoon Creator Reveals the Original Idea for the Series, and It’s Even Weirder Than You’d Expect (March 2019)
- Speaking with Yukio Futatsugi and Kentaro Yoshida ahead of their GDC 2019 postmortem panel on Panzer Dragoon, USgamer, with the help of a translator from 8-4, spoke at length with the two developers. They were able to mine a big secret about some cut content.
- Kotaku - How Panzer Dragoon Defined The Sega Saturn Era (April 2019)
- At GDC 2019, Kotaku sat down with Yukio Futatsugi and Kentaro Yoshida to talk more about the history of Panzer Dragoon, and how closely it intertwines with the history of the Sega Saturn hardware itself.
- USgamer - The Big Panzer Dragoon Interview: “It Really Makes Me Think Again About How Incredible Sega Was at the Time” (June 2019)
- USgamer dives into the whole Panzer Dragoon series at GDC 2019 with creator Yukio Futatsugi and art director Kentaro Yoshida.
- Panzer Dragoon Legacy - Interview with Benjamin Anseaume about the Panzer Dragoon Remake (November 2019)
- A few of our questions about Panzer Dragoon: Remake were answered by the game’s producer Benjamin Anseaume of TA Publishing.
- Panzer Dragoon World - An interesting interview of Benjamin Anseaume, co-producer of Panzer Dragoon: Remake with Actua blog (April 2020)
- A translation (from French) of Actua’s interview with Benjamin Anseaume (Panzer Dragoon: Remake co-producer) by Panzer Dragoon World. He talks about how the team was torn between pleasing fans and making the series accessible to newcomers.
- Panzer Dragoon World - Interview: Yukio Futatsugi has ambitions about the future of the Panzer Dragoon series (April 2020)
- In this interview with Panzer Dragoon creator Yukio Futatsugi, he talks about how he’s more interested in making a new Panzer Dragoon game than a remake, and that he probably won’t make a sequel unless Manabu Kusunoki does it with him.
- Limited Run Games - Panzer Dragoon: Looking Back at the Original, 25 Years Later (April 2020)
- Jeremy Parish from Limited Run Games talks to Panzer Dragoon creator Yukio Futatsugi and art director Kentarou Yoshida about the game’s conception, Moebius’s involvement, and more.
- 4Gamer - The story of the birth of “Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record”. How did a young man start a company and “sell Panzer Dragoon by himself”? (May 2020)
- A Japanese language interview with Wildman about the origin of Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record, featuring some new concept art.
- Panzer Dragoon Legacy - 4Gamer Interviews Wildman Inc. about Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record (May 2020)
- A translation of the main points from the 4Gamer Wildman Interview. In an interview with Mr Wildman (Haruto Watanabe), Naoki Horii (from M2), and 4Gamer, we learn the origin story of Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record.
- Siliconera - How an Indie Developer Became the Panzer Dragoon: Voyage Record Creator (May 2020)
- Siliconera have posted a translation of the highlights from the recent 4Gamer interview with Wildman about Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record.
- Panzer Dragoon Legacy - Second Interview With Forever Entertainment (June 2020)
- We came up with sixteen questions for Forever Entertainment about Panzer Dragoon: Remake. Answers by Monika Ginter and Kamila Dębicka from the PR Team.
- Polygon - Phantasy Star Online’s director talks Diablo influences, cut features, and Christmas Nights (August 2020)
- In this Polygon interview with Phantasy Star Online director Takao Miyoshi, he talks about how Satoshi Sakai’s experience creating the morphing system in Panzer Dragoon Saga was used for the character creation system in Phantasy Star Online.
- SEGA Saturn, Shiro! - Season 3: Episode 8 - “Panzer Dragoon Retrospective” (August 2019)
- This episode of SEGA Saturn, Shiro! takes a deep dive into the world of Panzer Dragoon looking at every single Panzer game ever released and scrutinising the forthcoming Panzer Dragoon: Remake. Includes discussion with Benjamin Anseaume.
- Level 857 Video Game Podcast #102 - Discussion Interview With Panzer Dragoon Remake Developer, Ben Anseaume!! (March 2020)
- In this podcast, Ben Anseaume of Forever Entertainment joins Level 857 as an honoured special guest for a Q&A interview about the upcoming Panzer Dragoon remakes, Panzer Dragoon Saga’s chances of seeing a remake and more.
- RadioSEGA - The SEGA Lounge #106 - Benjamin Anseaume from Forever Entertainment (March 2020)
- The SEGA Lounge is an interview based podcast focusing on SEGA games, game developers and community personalities. In the latest episode (106), the podcast interviews Benjamin Anseaume about the upcoming Panzer Dragoon: Remake.
- Panzer Dragoon Classic Game Postmortem at GDC 2019 (April 2019)
- Yukio Futatsugi and Kentaro Yoshida look back on the development of the original Panzer Dragoon trilogy, with a Q&A at the end.
- Nintendo World Report TV - Panzer Dragoon (Switch) Preview (June 2019)
- Speaking with Zbigniew Debicki, the CEO of Forever Entertainment, Nintendo World Report TV learns some more about Panzer Dragoon: Remake on Switch.
- Panzer Dragoon World - Interview Benjamin Anseaume, Panzer Dragoon: Remake Producer, during Gamescom 2019 (September 2019)
- An interview with Benjamin Anseaume, producer of Panzer Dragoon: Remake game, made during Gamescom 2019. The interview covers a number of fan questions relating to the remake.
- Panzer Dragoon World - Discussion w/ Benjamin Anseaume, co-producer of PD: Remake, v1.3 patch notes revealed (April 2020)
- A French language interview with Benjamin Anseaume, discussing why it was important to release Panzer Dragoon: Remake at Nintendo Direct and the features that were included in the v1.3 update.
- Panzer Dragoon World - Interview of Saori Kobayashi, composer of Panzer Dragoon: Remake rearranged soundtrack (May 2020)
- Panzer Dragoon World had the chance to interview Saori Kobayashi, composer of Panzer Dragoon Saga, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Crimson Dragon and Panzer Dragoon: Remake re-arranged soundtrack.